Whether it's a trip to the beach or a night out with friends, our smartphones have made it easier than ever to take photos of special moments. With so many photos on our phones, many of them may never see the light of day.
This is why more people are printing their photos for display at home or work. Another fantastic way to get more out of your photos is to order a custom photo jigsaw puzzle!
What Are Custom Photo Puzzles?
You can easily upload your favorite photos to the MakeYourPuzzles website and have them turned into a puzzle. We use cutting-edge technology to print your memories out on a sustainable cardboard puzzle board with a high-quality photo gloss finish.
Our custom photo puzzles make looking at memories fun–you’ll relive the moment as you put the puzzle together! With each piece, another part of your photo will come to life before your eyes.
Assembling your puzzle with friends and family who may have been part of the memory is even more rewarding, as you can reminisce about the day you took the photo.
When you choose to work with MakeYourPuzzlesyou can choose puzzles in the following sizes:
- One hundred pieces: This size is appropriate for small children or those looking for a quick relaxing activity.
- 252 pieces: For those who want a bit more of a challenge but still would like to complete the puzzle in a single setting, 252 pieces is the perfect number.
- 500 pieces: People who want a challenge might start here. These puzzles may take a day or several one- or two-hour sessions.
- 1,000 pieces: This is the ultimate challenge for a family to work on together over afternoons or evenings! Puzzles of this size are tricky but very rewarding when the last piece clicks into place.
What Kind of Photos Are a Good Choice for Puzzles?
Choosing a photo to turn into a puzzle is as easy as browsing through your phone's camera roll. Here are a few great ideas to help you decide what kind of photo you’d like to use for your custom photo puzzle:
- Wedding photos
- Anniversary photos
- Family pictures from birthdays or special events
- Family pictures taken next to well-known sights
- General travel photographs, such as well-known landmarks or any special photo you took on your latest vacation
Regardless of which photo you choose, make sure that the photo is as large as possible with high resolution. The bigger the resolution size, the better the photo will turn out when printed onto a large puzzle.
Tips for Choosing the Perfect Photo
In general, all of your photos can be high-quality as long as you select the highest image quality settings on your phone or camera prior to taking the photo. If you have a photo of a smaller image size, we recommend that you choose a smaller puzzle size to minimize the image blur that can occur when upscaling photos. Here are the sizes of our puzzles once they are completed:
- 500 and 1,000 pieces: 19.25 inches by 26.625 inches
- 48, one hundred and 252 pieces: 14 inches by 19.25 inches
Lower-quality images will have more clarity when scaled to smaller puzzles, whereas larger and higher-quality images will have clarity, even on larger puzzles.
Photo Puzzles Make Great Custom Gifts
If you’ve been looking for holiday, birthday, or anniversary picture ideas, look no further. Surprise your loved ones by gifting them a photo puzzle for any special occasion! With MakeYourPuzzles, you can create fun puzzles and explore our photo puzzle display ideas that can help make the holiday season–or any other occasion–unforgettable.
At MakeYourPuzzles, every puzzle is made with sustainable materials right here in the US from start to finish, so you’ll be supporting American workers while creating a special gift that is sure to help your best memories last for years to come. Browse our full selection of custom puzzle options, upload a photo, and order your very own photo puzzle today!